Y'all will love this pickled red onions recipe. Serve these one top of burgers or tacos for a sweet and tangy addition to any meal. I will have mine piled high on a hot dog!
Pickled Red Onions
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Total: 15 minutes
• 1 large red onion
• ¾ cup fresh lime juice
• ¾ cup distilled white vinegar
• 3 tbsp. sugar
• 2 tsp. salt
• ½ jalapeno pepper
1. Combine fresh squeezed lime juice, jalapeno pepper (seeds removed), vinegar, ½ cup water, sugar, and salt in medium pan. Bring to boil. Heat until sugar is dissolved.
2. Remove mixture from heat and cool for 5-10 minutes.
3. Put onion slices in medium bowl, add warm mixture from pan, and stir.
4. Cover mixture with lid and place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Stir occasionally!
5. Serve with your most favorite burger or loaded soft tacos!