Hello! Fawnda- here again from Fireflies and Jellybeans for my monthly post!
This time we are getting all patriotic! Perfect for all your summer picnics!
Here is what you will need to do to make your own:
1. Gather supplies: Jars (I used pickle and jam jars), Paint, Mod Podge, tape, ribbon trim (I found this one at Joann's in the ribbon aisle) and paint brushes.
2. Take off the labels on the jars. The trick I use is to soak them in REALLY hot water for 10-15 minutes. Most times I can get the label off in on piece. If I get a tough one I use dish soap to help get the glue off.
3. Tape off your stripes. I eyeballed mine because I was in a hurry and I like the un-perfect look. But you could use a ruler if you want. :)
4. Paint your white stripes. I did 2 coats on mine. Let dry.
5. Paint your red stripes... again 2 coats. Let dry.
6. Peel the tape off.
7-8. Use Mod Podge to stick the ribbon on. I put a thick coat around the top of the jar. Then I wrapped the ribbon around and put another coat of Mod Podge on top. Let dry.
And so cute!
I love using jars to hold all my picnic accessories! Or they would also make great luminaries... put in the bug repellent candles and you have a super cute (and useful) center piece!
Thanks for having me! check out Fireflies and Jellybeans for more FUN ideas!